Check out this planning checklist to create your unique funeral arrangements, but remember that you don't need to make all these decisions right now. If you want to talk with one of our staff members about creating personalized funeral plans, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Your Parent’s names and places of birth
- Your Mother’s maiden name
- Your Social Insurance Number
- Fraternal organizations
- Union memberships
- Service organizations
- Any special recognitions
Military Service Information
- Name(s) of war/conflict(s) served
- Legion name
- Military service
- Branch rank
- Date of enlistment
- Date of discharge
- Select a funeral home.
- Note any specific instructions for your services and final disposition.
- Organize personal information for your obituary.
- If you wish, choose a charity for any donations.
The Funeral Service
- Select burial or cremation.
- Choose a casket or cremation container.
- Pick funeral locations and service types.
- Make a note of any desired traditions or religious rituals.
- Select the attire you want to be dressed in.
- Arrange transportation for your physical remains and family members.
- Select an overall theme for funeral stationery and any décor.
- Choose floral arrangements.
- Choose any specific hymns and songs you’d like included.
- Pick photos and mementos for a memorial display.
- Designate pallbearers.
- Select a clergy member or officiator for the service.
- Pick friends or family members to say the eulogy, read scripture, do a speech, or other readings.
- If you wish, choose any musicians.
- Choose a cemetery.
- Select a burial plot or mausoleum.
- Select a memorial or grave marker and inscription.
- Decide who will keep your urn.
- Decide who will scatter your ashes and where.